Search This Blog

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Stamp Paradise


In March, 2010, I stumbled across the site Stamp Paradise. It allows stamp collectors to connect online and agree to exchange stamps 50, 100 or more at a time.

I recently resumed the hobby of stamps collecting. I'd given it up as a teenager almost 40 years ago, but caught the germ of the bug at an exhibition the local stamp club set up in the middle of town. Then, at about the time of the birth of my youngest daughter Sachi six months ago, I got into the swing of it again via Trade Me. That and online chess - but that's another story (and maybe yet another blog).

On Stamp Paradise I placed a short ad (search for William Lucas). I had stamps to exchange from New Zealand and Japan, and was anybody interested? I turned out that there were - 50 to 60 people responded in just a few days.

My bright idea is to document this ongoing exchange process on a blog. Could be fun . . . if I can only keep up!

No comments:

Post a Comment