Search This Blog

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Uto memories

The three of us visited Japan recently. I stayed for the month of September, and Mami and Sachi stayed on for October as well. There is plenty that I could write about our experience, but I'll confine myself to the topic of stamps.

My sister-in-law, Rumi, had collected a number of recent Japanese stamps for me and kept them safe in an attractive container. It didn't take me too long to work out how to take off the lid.

I hadn't brought my collection with me, so I wasn't sure just which of them I already had, but many of them looked new to me. After admiring them for a while I set to work.

A nice tepid bath is always the first step. 


 


1 comment:

  1. if you leave the stamps on the envelope and keep the entire envelope then you would have more postal markings - seals, date stamps, cancel marks.

    ReplyDelete