Search This Blog

Sunday, June 6, 2010

eBay newbie

Wouldn't it be too expensive to use eBay based in New Zealand? And wouldn't it be cheating to post an online sale on a blog that is supposed to be about exchanging stamps with overseas collectors? Well, I make my own rules.

I've used Trade Me, a New Zealand original, but I knew about eBay too. Just had never used it. Well, there's always a first time, so I went on over, found a trader that had stamps that I wanted and bid. 

It turns out that you can combine postage, so it's a good idea to bid on a bunch of stuff all from the same person. I like it. It worked for me. On trade Me at any one time there are about 10,000 stamps auctions on offer. On eBay at any one time, there are that many Japanese stamps auctions running.

Here's my first auction win: my first 3 eBay stamps (of many). The American Football cards are gratis - anyone want them? Each stamps is separately packaged in a stiff plastic pocket. Very professional.


No comments:

Post a Comment