Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Onto a good thing

A few weeks back,  I was contacted by a John Gerbes from Australia.  He collects NZ stamps, and has a "fair few gaps" from 1995. That makes two of us! He offered me Australian, USA or WW stamps in return, and suggested that, if the exchanges become regular, that we'll be "onto a good thing". I'm all for that, John! We've agreed not to work from lists - life's too short for that. I asked for a handful of world-wide to start the ball kicking, and here they come . . .

John sent a few extra in case a few bad ones got through, or a duplicate. He also asked if I could find him the frog stamp from the 2007 native wildlife set. No problem.
 
It was nice to receive a right royal random mixture. About a third of them were still on paper, which makes the hobby seem a genuine one. If you collect only through paying for complete sets, where's the fun in that I ask you?

No comments:

Post a Comment