Search This Blog

Friday, August 6, 2010

10,000 years' worth of Persian stamps

This version?

. . . or this?

I'm not sure which of the two photographs of the glassine packet I prefer. (The first was taken with a flash and the second wasn't.) But I do know that I greatly enjoyed Dean Brown's latest stamp exchange by mail all the way from Arizona
.

Dean had emailed to say that he was putting together a selection of Persian stamps for me, but I hadn't expected anything as grand as this! Over 100 stamps (not all of them pictured here), and all about 100 years old. By my calculation, that makes it about ten thousands years' worth of Persian stamps that I add to my world-wide collection in one fell swoop.


In my return envelope I included more Japanese cartoon stamps for Dean's daughters, and also a few New Zealand stamps for Dean's friend, Clive, in Malta, from his wish list. Sometimes wishes come true.

1 comment:

  1. ˙ǝɹnʇnɟ ǝɥʇ uı ssǝɔɔns ǝɹoɯ uıɐƃ noʎ ɥsıʍ ı

    ¡dn ʇı dǝǝʞ ˙pooƃ sʞooן ƃoןq ɹnoʎ
    ¿noʎ ǝɹɐ ʍoɥ ¡oןןǝɥ

    ReplyDelete