Search This Blog

Monday, May 24, 2010

Surrealistic political sauce

No, I do not have this mini-sheet that features the late Frank Zappa. But I wouldn't be surprised if Krzysztof (Chris) Marciniak does. He is a fan of rock music in general and Zappa in particular. He recommends the albums: Bongo Fury, One Size Fits All, Zoot Allures, Joe's Garage and Sheikh Yerbouti. Chris shares "fathernity" with me. Our baby daughters do not cry, and leave us with plenty of opportunity to listen to music and collect stamps!

My second letter from Mr Prioytet Prioritaire in Poland. Note the cat stamp on the top right of the envelope. Now, I like cats too, but for the life of me I can't understand that so many countries put them on their stamps (and that includes NZ). Is it just me?

Chris's letters are always interesting to read. He includes a name/address sticker to place on the return envelope. That is a good idea for people like me who are concurrently exchanging many letters world-wide. It lets me know that I have yet to reply. I've asked Chris please to be patient (he has no choice).

As before, enclosed was a selection of stamps from small countries such San Marino, Latvia, Ireland, Israel (surprisingly attractive), Kazakhstan, Luxembourg, Kuwait and the Dominican Republic, a recent favorite. Chris has been there on holiday and says that it has a "surrealistic political sauce". 

Sounds yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment