Search This Blog

Monday, May 24, 2010

Long white clouds and rising sun

My wonderful sister-in-law collected some stamps for me from her workplace from colleagues, as I understand it. Rumi works at City Hall in Japan. My wife had spread the word through Mixi - a Japanese type of FaceBook - that I saved stamps, and her twin sister was the first to respond to the call. Rumi, thank you very, very much for this. I really appreciate your efforts. I look forward to meeting you and the rest of the family again after 5 years next September when we visit Japan.


There are almost 50 stamps here, selected to exclude the most common. I think what I will do is send a few packets of New Zealand stamps that Rumi's co-workers may take home to their their children or relatives that collect stamps. Perhaps we could get some more exchanges happening between the land of the long white cloud and the land of the rising sun.

1 comment:

  1. Rumi would be so happy when she sees this blog. Since Mum sent you even more stamps including mint ones, you are now obliged to put them on this blog as well!

    ReplyDelete