Search This Blog

Thursday, May 6, 2010

New girlfriend

"It's a letter from my girlfriend," I joked to my wife as I brought in the mail. I'd been expecting stamps from Japan, as I'd agreed to exchange some with two people there. I had thought that both of them were male, but a pretty kitty on the cover proved me wrong about at least one.
 
Nagisa Okazoe is not obviously a woman's name. But later by email she confirmed that she was. Nagisa started collecting stamps 7 years ago. She likes those with Disney characters. As this is my 28th exchange, it would have been poetic if that was her age, but Nagisa is 22, just a year younger than my oldest daughter.


A few of the stamps she sent me featured anime characters, but I'm afraid that the ones I sent her did not. Nagisa had asked for New Zealand stamps, and as far as I know this country has never paid homage to Walt.

No comments:

Post a Comment