Search This Blog

Monday, May 24, 2010

Never say die - part 2


Kostadin comes from Bulgaria. He first contacted me in March of 2010, three months ago. He wanted initially to exchange either New Zealand or Japanese stamps for Bulgarian. However, even though he contacted me first, he insisted on me sending first because he claimed to have been cheated many times in the past. Okay, I thought, I will - just to show that there are still a few honest people in the world.                                                                                                                   


The two of us have had quite an interesting exchange of emails. We spoke of Kotooshu, the Bulgarian sumo wrestler who is doing quite well in Japan, and who shares my birthday. I asked Kostadin if he had featured on a Bulgarian stamps yet, but apparently you have to be a 'Hero of the Republic' before that can happen in his country.


I'm sure that we are going to exchange more stamps, now that a foundation of trust has been laid.

No comments:

Post a Comment