Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Czech these out

In response to my request, for his second exchange with me (and my 26th altogether), my friend Vaclav sent me 100 Japanese stamps. He wrote for me to select those that I could use, and to send the rest back. Even though I have well over a thousand stamps from that country, 79 of Vaclav's stamps were new to me, so naturally I kept them!

I still owe Vaclav from the time before. He had most of the stamps I sent then, so this time I worked from his want list of recent New Zealand stamps (Vaclav collects NZ stamps after 1953 - the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II?). 


It's a pity that stamps are produced so quickly today. It took me ages to plough through NZ's recent decades. Really, there are too many. I personally will keep the later issues of this country, but I won't actively hunt after them. 1970 is my cut-off date.

As for Japanese stamps, though, the more the merrier. On the same day that Vacav's Japanese stamps arrived, I received another letter with more of the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment