Search This Blog

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Work gets in the way



'Nova Zealandia' looks so much more interesting than 'New Zealand', don't you think? That's how they write it in Portugal, the country that is actually exactly on the other side of my home city. Joao spelled it that way on the envelope he sent me with 50 Portuguese stamps.

As well as the 50 stamps, Joao also included three minisheets. He is interested in receiving NZ only, as another friend from Australia sends him stamps from that part of 'Downunder' from there.

Joao works several hundred kilometres away from home, so he is away for eight or nine days at a time. I would imagine that it is quite a thrill to open the mainbox on his return! I'll do my best to contribute my bit towards the excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment