Search This Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

Brasil or Brazil?

Most of the people active on Stamp Paradise seem to live in Europe, so when a man from Brasil (or Brazil?) asked me if I wanted to exchange stamps I agreed.

Before long I received my first letter - I believe - from the South American continent. Amazingly, in size Brasil is as large as the whole of the USA (minus Alaska). But here stamps are generally very small. Carlos Zeitune would have been aware of this, because from the start his ofer was to send 100 Brazilian for 70 large commemoratives.

See how, apart from the older bunch in the middle, the more recent stamps are quite 'European': monotonous, a lot of white, not very imaginative. But that is only one person's opinion. Shoot me down in flames if you disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment