Search This Blog

Friday, April 2, 2010

Everything's BIGGER in Texas



The third letter I received containing stamps for exchange should have, in keeping with the A,B,C pattern, arrived from China or Chile etc. Instead, it flew in from the U.S. of A. But its sender's surname starts with a 'C', so the pattern continues to continue. 

Mike Cherrington had made me an offer that I couldn't refuse: to accept 100 large USA stamps for 50 NZ ones. He is from Texas where 'everything is bigger' so I guess that that is the way folks do business over there.

I don't know where Mike obtained the handy plastic pockets in which his stamps were packet, but I shall certainly recycle them in future trades. He also enclosed a sheet with his own letterhead - it seems that he has oil on his property???

Mike is interested in covers - real covers, not FDCs, and in anything to do with the Antarctic. I happened to see a cover advertised on Trade Me that had 4 cachets on it - sent from Chile to the Antarctic. I bid a dollar, won the auction, and gave Mike's address. Mike, if for any reason my stamps aren't up to scratch then please consider it a make-up gift ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment