Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

WOL to WOL carpet of Polish stamps

This is/has been the 19th exchange of stamps for me online. It was with another woman, Marian Dabrowski from Poland. I see that she comes from a place called WOLOMIN, whose first three letters are the same as those of my name: William Otte Lucas.

At first when Marian contacted me I said that I could not, as I had agreed to exchange with too many other people. But then she wrote back, "too bad, because I am looking for stamps from the region". That made me feel bad, so I changed my mind. I guess the lesson is not to give up immediately, and that continued communication pays off.
 
In the envelope I discovered a postcard that seems to commemorate a military event from WWI. There was also a mini-sheet/block of a single stamp. Also included was a very neatly written letter. I wish that I could write so well.


I'm surprised how many collectors are women. I'd always thought that philately was something that mainly men were attracted to. Anyway, Marian sent me some very attractive stamps from Poland. Almost too attractive, actually. I believe that they are cancelled to order, because they still have the adhesive gum on the back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment