Search This Blog

Monday, April 5, 2010

Many things in common (maybe 12?)

Chris (Krzysztof Marciniak from Poland) and I have much in common. We exchanged several emails exploring our many commonalities long before we spoke of commemoratives or exchanged residential addresses. 

Though we both have children in their twenties, we've each recently been blessed with a baby daughter (with a second wife). Concerning his latest addition - lately philately? - Chris wrote: "She's very wise and allows me to cope with philately". I'm not sure what he means by that, but it sounds good.

discovered that, as well as being doting dads, we both share a love for rock music - "Doors, Hendrix, U2 OK, but Led Zeppelin, Jethro Tull and Frank Zappa . . . Himalayas of music!". We both gave up chess decades ago, but I'm trying to talk my new friend into the online version. He tried to sell me on the idea of skiing and fishing, but they are not really my thing.

But enough of gossip. Let's go onto what we're here for - stamps. These are the ones that Chris sent me:


Our exchange, after we finally swapped addresses, was of stamps from smaller countries.  I returned some from Fiji, Kiribati, the Cook Islands, Papua New Guinea and a few others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment