Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2010

German in the Ukraine

Sometimes you've got to be a little trusting. It can't be easy for people to write emails in English if it isn't their first language. They may come across as demanding, impatient, impolite or dominating only because they haven't the right phrases or words. I always write back whenever anyone contacts me asking to exchange stamps. If they respond, that generally means that they are genuine.

My 20th trade is the first time I've ever corresponded with anyone in the Ukraine. I couldn't even tell you where exactly that country lies on the map. It feels 'cool' to receive a letter from there. In her letter - yes, another woman - Maryna Davydova sent a mix of stamps from various countries. I learned that she is a language teacher, the same as me. She teaches German.

Some of them I already have (the French and German) but I really like the North Vietnamese stamps, and also those from Poland. 


No comments:

Post a Comment