Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Vote for Guglielmo!



With her first email Micol intrigued me. She spoke of a system of sending and then having returned the stamps the other person already has along with the stamps being exchanged. She also spoke of trialing a system where stamps are scanned on a grid so that the other person can select exactly what she or he (it is important to know for sure) would like.                                                                                                         
We spoke - or wrote - in terms of swapping Italian for New Zealand or Japanese stamps. When I learned that Micol had a grand total of 21 Kiwi stamps, but 450 Japanese, I opted to send the NZ ones first. Even if I sent the 50 most common stamps she would receive at least 29 new! But I decided to send 71. She was guaranteed to be satisfied. Next time we'll try the grid approach.

"Don't worry that I enclose the stamps in a political pamphlet," Micol explained. "It is just for protection. I'm not voting for him." I'm not either. I returned the Kiwi stamps in the same piece of cardboard.
We learned we have language in common. Micol has to translate from Italian into English. Since she has to do it every day it naturally makes her "soooo bored". I sympathize with her. But Micol was kind enough to translate my name, William, into Italian. Guglielmo. Please vote for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment