Search This Blog

Saturday, April 3, 2010

K2: nine-and-a-half out of ten



If Kalkie Kalkeiran's 100 German stamps (from Ireland) had been the 11th bunch to arrive, then I'd have been able to make something of that fact - 'K' is the eleventh letter of the alphabet. But I think its time to give up on that thread . . .

Anyway, it took a little longer for K squared's envelope to arrive than the norm. On its cover was stamped: This item required further processing due to underpayment which consequently caused a delay. I wonder what the nature of that 'processing' was, and whether it was that which caused the rip at the bottom of the envelope.  But it got here in the end, and no stamps fell out. That's all that matters! 


After the wheeling and dealing was over, K2 sent a quick email asking whether I was happy with the trade, and what I would give out of ten. I almost gave full marks. The stamps were nicely postmarked, neat, in partial sets (architecture, lighthouses, animals). That they were on paper was fine by me. But for a couple of doubles - full marks. Recommended.



No comments:

Post a Comment